One of the joys of living in Australia, is that we’re actually living some hours in the future. Apart from getting GTAIV a little early, it also means that most dates mentioned on the internet don’t exactly apply to us.
Having said that, PS3 firmware 2.50 and PSP firmware 5.00 are ready to power up your systems on October 15, better celebrated as today.
The semi-official blog ThreeSpeech have announced the news, and have also listed a complete breakdown of what the updates can do for you – PS3 feature list included for your viewing pleasure, after the break.
- Official wireless headset support – An on-screen indicator that shows volume, battery charge, and mute functions, as well as a HQ mode.
- In-game screenshot capture tool (title dependant).
- Trophy improvements – The in-game notification will now include the specific Trophy icon created by the developer, while more intuitive options for comparing Trophies with friends have been added, including an icon to represent each Trophy level.
- Video – Video scene search functionality will provide thumbnails to help you find a particular scene in a video more easily.
- Information Board – The Information Board will be able to include direct links to PlayStation Store.
- Power save – PS3 owners will have the option to automatically shut-off their console or controllers after pre-selected periods of inactivity.
- Flash 9 content becomes supported on the Internet Browser.